Η Stardock ανακοίνωσε ότι το Impulse, η υπηρεσία ψηφιακής διανομής της εταιρείας, δέχτηκε ένα νέο, σημαντικό update, ονόματι "Phase 3".
Έτσι λοιπόν, το Impulse βρίσκεται πλέον στην "τρίτη φάση" του και είναι βελτιωμένο σε πολλούς τομείς, διαθέτει νέα features, ενώ προσφέρει και νέα εργαλεία στους developers.
Αξίζει να σημειωθεί ότι το Impulse έφτασε το 1 εκατομμύριο χρήστες και εξελίσσεται στον μεγάλο ανταγωνιστή του Steam.
Αναλυτικά οι αλλαγές που έφερε το "Phase 3" update στην υπηρεσία:
1. The Impulse client has had its user interface significantly improved and updated with features such as player rankings, achievements, intelligent match-making, and more. It also includes a new tray application that lets users track friends, receive update notifications, and much more.
2. The beta of Impulse Anywhere, a new web-based method for users whose home Internet connections are non-ideal to download their software on another machine, take the files home and install them.
3. The release of Impulse Reactor, a development platform that lets users add many new features to their games without having to re-distribute a third-party client (i.e. users don’t have to distribute the Impulse client). Impulse Reactor includes features such as intelligent match-making, multiplayer tournament support, NAT negotiation, friend lists, rankings, community features and much more. Gas Powered Games’ much anticipated PC game, Demigod, is being released next week and makes full use of Impulse Reactor.
4. Impulse Reactor Overlay, an in-game overlay that lets users instantly access chat, friends lists, profile data, micro-expansions, and more. Demigod will also be the first title to make full use of this.
5. Game Object Obfuscation (Goo) - An alternative method for developers to protect their intellectual property. Goo allows developers to associate licenses with people rather than their PCs which will eliminate the issue of “limited activations”. It also provides the underpinnings to support vendor neutral software downloads and transferring of licenses.